Changes to Service for COVID-19
UPDATED: Dec 28, 2020
We know the COVID-19 situation is a difficult one, and only more so now that the lockdown in effect. We’re here to answer all of your questions regarding vision care, and assure you that your experience with us will be safe one.
HOURS OF OPERATION
We’ve resumed regular hours, however appointments are required.
- MON – FRI: 9:30am – 8:00pm
- SAT: 9:30am – 5:00pm
- SUN: Closed
CHANGES TO SERVICE
- All visits are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Masks or face coverings ARE MANDATORY
- If possible, please come alone for your visit (to reduce foot traffic)
- If possible, consider using the washroom at home prior to your visit
- If you have a cellphone, please call to let us know you’ve arrived.
- If you arrive early, please wait in your car. We may not be ready to receive you yet due to sanitization in between appointments.
“Brief” is the new “Safe”
- If you’ve been to Revere Optical before, then you know we like to chat and get to know you better, but we’ve been advised as a spread-prevention protocol to KEEP VISITS AS BRIEF AS POSSIBLE.
- Rest assured that once this is all over we’ll be back to our chit-chats over frames and espressos in no time!!
IN-STORE vs CURBSIDE vs DROP-OFF
- Pick-up/Drop-off Service:
- Picking up contacts, or dropping off a frame for repair? Call ahead and we’ll have the PICK-UP or DROP-OFF boxes ready for you.
- Curbside Service:
- We’ll let you know if your visit can be completed via curbside.
Our precautions will, of course, evolve with the needs of the situation. Currently our precautions include:
- Plexiglass barriers
- 2m distancing measures in store
- Sanitization of frames after every use
- Self-monitoring and self-testing for COVID-19
- Operating by appointment only (to regulated traffic)
- Implementation of additional services (pickup, dropoff and curbside) to minimize in-store traffic
- Patient intake health screening measures
- Proper usage of PPE including masks, face shields and gloves
- Proper usage of disinfecting products and sanitation protocols, including regular disinfection of both the environment and of staff’s hands
- New equipment for taking measurements from a safe distance
- Signage posted with new guidelines and expectations for patients
RULES WHILE ON THE PREMISES
We understand some feel that COVID-19 protocols are “overkill”, but please keep in mind that while this may be your only outing for the day or week, we are seeing SEVERAL patients EACH day. So while wearing masks and sanitizing your hands may be overkill for you at home, is it not when it comes to a public healthcare setting. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- A mask (or equivalent covering for mouth and nose) IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.
- Hands must be disinfected using the soap or hand-sanitizer that we provide in-store.
- A distance of 2m (6ft) must be kept between all individuals when other barriers such as face shields or plexiglass dividers are not present.
- Do not handle any of the products on your own. Our staff will present you with frames and products that you may touch.
FOR ANY OTHER QUESTIONS…
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions you may have.
Thanks, Durham, and stay safe!