Direct billing for insurance
We are happy to bill your insurance company directly on your behalf. (It saves you both time and the hassle of paper work!)
We will need:
- The policy number for your insurance
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- In the case that you are covered under someone else’s policy, we will need the policy holder’s full name and date of birth too.
Some example insurances include: GreenShield, ManuLife, Great West Life, SunLife, Blue Cross, NIHB, Ontario Works, ODSP, and many others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can you bill directly to my insurance?
- If your policy is set up for direct billing, then yes, we can.
Q. Can I co-ordinate my benefits?
- If your SECONDARY insurance is with Green Shield Canada, then yes.
- Otherwise we will only be able to bill directly to your Primary Insurance, and then you would take a copy of the invoice and insurance submission and forward them onto your Secondary Insurance yourself.
Q. How much am I covered for?
- Unfortunately we can’t answer that (it depends on your own insurance policy).
Q. How often am I covered for eyewear?
- This is also determined by your own insurance policy, but usually it’s every two years.
Q. What if I need glasses now, but my coverage doesn’t kick in yet?
- One thing to remember with insurances is that we have very little say in the rules (that is, we are always at the mercy of your policy’s terms). That means if you need glasses in June but you don’t have coverage until July, there is little we can do to change that.
- That’s not to say we won’t do everything in our power to help you out, but we must respect the terms of your policy when submitting claims.
(Creative Commons Photo Credit: Source)